Most people do not know that the Human brain is one of the largest and most complex organs in the human body. It is made up of more than 100 billion nerves that communicate in trillions of connections called synapses. the brain is obviously a very important part of your body. It is one of the largest organs in your body and is the main control center for every function that happens in your day-to-day life. It carries a heck of a lot of information around and has an endless list of responsibilities.
The following Habits are dangerous to the brain.
- LACK OF DAILY BREAKFAST: Most people who do not take breakfast are going to have a lower blood sugar level. This leads to an insufficient supply of nutrients to the brain causing brain degeneration.
- SMOKING: It causes multiple brain shrinkage and may lead to Alzheimer disease. Your lungs can be very badly affected by smoking. Coughs, colds, wheezing and asthma are just the start. Smoking can cause fatal diseases such as pneumonia, emphysema and lung cancer. Smoking causes 84% of deaths from lung cancer and 83% of deaths from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- AIR POLLUTION: This is a type of environmental pollution that affects the air and is usually caused by smoke or other harmful gases, mainly oxides of carbon, sulphur and nitrogen. The brain is the largest oxygen consumer in our body. Inhaling polluted air decreases the supply of oxygen to the brain, bringing about a decrease in brain efficiency.
- LATE SLEEPING: This was designed by God Almighty. Sleep is a naturally recurring state of mind and body. Sleep allows our brain to rest. Long term deprivation from sleep will accelerate the death of brain cells.
- SLEEPING WITH CAP/HEAD COVERED AND SOCKS ON LEGS: Do you know sleeping with the head covered increases the concentration of carbon dioxide and decrease the concentration of oxygen that may lead to brain damaging effects.
- HOLDING URINE FOR TOO LONG: Urinary incontinence is the involuntary leakage of urine. It means a person urinates when they do not want to. Control over the urinary sphincter is either lost or weakened. Urinary incontinence is a common problem that affects many people’s brain.
- INFREQUENT TALKING: The benefits of not talking are not apparent to many people. Intellectual conversations will promote the efficiency of the brain.
- MUCH SUGAR CONSUMPTION: According to the American Heart Association (AHA), the maximum amount of added sugars you should eat in a day are ( 7 ): Men: 150 calories per day (37.5 grams or 9 teaspoons) Women: 100 calories per day (25 grams or 6 teaspoons). Too much sugar will interrupt the absorption of proteins and nutrients causing malnutrition and may interfere with brain development